Monday, January 2, 2012

Leaving Los Eden

I saw today that God posted cherubim to block the entrance to Eden and a flaming sword to guard the way to the Tree of Life.

Genesis 3:22-24 NLT

Then the LORD God said, “Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!” So the LORD God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made. After sending them out, the LORD God stationed mighty cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden. And he placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

To the East? I always had it in my mind that they went west out of Eden towards Israel. I don't know why I thought that, just figuring on the locale of the rest of the Bible I guess.  I know that is nothing deep or spiritual just correcting the historical portion in my minds eye.

Also as a side note does the flaming sword that flashes back and forth make anyone else think of a neon sign flashing?
Eat at Joe's. Joe's not here, go away.

Also while are on the subject of Eden, they had it so good there.  When they sinned and got evicted, things seemed to go downhill pretty quick for them.  Not only did they have the curse that was placed on all mankind, Their eldest killed his younger brother. Who then gets banished and cursed even more.
It isn't like he was going off to college or just another town. There weren't a whole lot of people. I guess the moral of that story is that sin takes you in a direction that you did not want to go, further than you intended to go.

No comments: